Sunday, January 2, 2011

Flavor of the Day: Fresh




This blog's first entry was posted half a year ago. And this is just one of 2010's epic fail. Along with a few reading challenges, the photo journal that never got developed (a pun that those born after the birth of the digital camera will not understand), the plan to fit into size 6 jeans, and still not having the word entrepreneur in my current resume.

There were enough failures in 2010 to make me feel like a loser.

But why do I feel like I had a winning 2010? Why do I remember having had so much fun? Why do I recall uttering countless times, "I love my life!"

I am pushing myself to come up with the 10 best things of 2010, and as usual, I procrastinate. Because it will be difficult to choose just 10. Because I luv, luv, luv my life.

But then again, I do recall taking sobering breaks from the reverie, the levity, the leisure and thinking about things I could do better so I could be better. I think about dreams I have ceased to chase because of contentment, fear, laziness, and other petty excuses.

It's always refreshing to face a new year with a blank page begging to be written on. It's refreshing to have this milestone, this wonderful excuse to forgive one's self and write off the previous year's bloopers and blunders. It's refreshing to look forward to 12 months of promises and possibilities.

So I face 2011 with a fresh vision of:

  • reading more
  • traveling more
  • blogging more often
  • praying more
  • laughing more
  • loving more
  • forgiving more
  • writing more
  • achieving more
  • helping more
  • giving more
  • earning more
  • expecting more
  • creating more
  • discovering more
  • learning more and more and more
  • exercising, uhm, full pause
  • inspiring others
  • eating less
  • whining less
  • regretting less
  • weighing less
It is a fresh, new, wonderful year!

Yesterday, Pastor Joey reminded me why I don't believe in luck. Because 2011 is a year of freedom, favor, and fullness. Because 2011 is the year of the Lord. Rabbits don't tell me what kind of year I'm going to have. I don't need to wear the color of the year to prosper. It's the Year of the Lord. And though every year is the year of the Lord, every new year, every new day brings with it a fresh new portion of his unceasing grace, favor, and love!





No comments:

Post a Comment